Friday was J's and my
5th year anniversary. It seems to have gone by so quickly and yet as if we've known each other forever, as well. From the day I met him, amidst all the "what do you" and "where did you grow up"s, it felt like I had always known him and always would.
J started our day with homemade waffles.

Next we finished up E's new room.


Next was nap time for everyone and who doesn't love a good mid-day nap?
Next up was dinner and a movie. We ate at BJ's. We were so stuffed we couldn't have dessert and if you know me that's a huge deal (I blame it on the small but frequent meals pregnancy diet).




Then we watched "Love Happens" because "Fame" was no longer playing. Then we headed back to the restaurant for dessert. Aha! You thought I was a quitter, didn't you? Skip dessert (triple chocolate pazookie) on my anniversary because of a little thing like fullness. No sir! Not when there's a way. There is no picture because, well it's chocolate and tasted darn good. J's lucky I shared. It was a wonderful day/night and I couldn't have asked for more.
In five years: we have only moved once (I asked for stability-check)
we have gone on numerous trips together (I wanted to travel-check)
we've watched countless movies snuggled in each other's arms (I wanted comfort and a best friend-check)
we were given this gift

( I wanted to be a mother-check)
we will be given another gift

( the first one needed a friend-check)
24 weeks hereWe have never thought our marriage was "hard," though there is always room for growth ( I wanted peace, happiness and love in my family-check)
I love this man completely and feel safe that I have given my heart to him. He graciously gave some back to me so I could love our girls and so we continue...as I say each year, 5 years and eternity to go...
2 comments:
Happy 5 year anniversary! We hit ours next month and I was just thinking the other day of all that has happened in those 5 years. Hope you and J have many more happy anniversaries!
And E's room looks adorable!
Hooray for 5 years! :) And good for you going back for dessert. haha...
Post a Comment