Thursday, November 01, 2012

Oct activities

Miss B at DeWitt Stables
       We accidentally showed up before opening but were told to go ahead and walk around as we pleased so we were literally the only non-employees there. It was a breezy, quiet morning. B had a good time with just mom and dad. Shhh, don't tell E that we went while she was in school.



 We let B lead the way and she got us out in record time, though I think one of her turns was really a hay wall that wasn't pushed close enough together, oh well.



 She loved petting the horses and they loved sniffing her.

 The driver was just getting the train ride into position for when they actually opened as was nice enough to let B hop on for the 10 foot ride.

We found a petting zoo in the back with birds, bunnies, a peacock, goats and sheep that were terrified of us.

Day of Service
         Oct 27th we had the chance to serve our community by helping to clean up the local Rodeo grounds by pulling weeds and picking up trash. All the kids ran around in a pack picking up whatever they could find and took turns stealing rakes and hoes from each other to attack any weeds they found. I'm not sure they knew it was work.




The little bear sticking out of E's backpack is Bernice. She belongs to her kindergarten class and it was E's turn to take her home for the weekend so she came with us wherever we went and we wrote in Bernice's special journal about all our adventures.

Fright Fest 
            E's school had a really cool carnival but it was scheduled at the same time as our church's activity so we only stayed for a little bit. Just long enough to eat cotten candy, kettle corn....

 doing a 3 stop trick-or-treating run

 a haunted hay ride

and a bounce house

Trunk or Treat
      For the first time ever we decided to dress up as a cohesive theme. Since E is obsessed with Word Girl we went with that. E is Word Girl of course, B is the side-kick Captain Huggie Face (he's a monkey by the way), J is Dr. Two-Brains and I am Scoops, reporter for the Daily Rag.



 There was a chili cook off, a pie eating contest, a fishing game and a cupcake walk. I didn't get to see any of it because I was taking pictures at the photo booth so after I saw E win one I said, great now go win me one. She's such a good girl she won 2 for me.

 Then came the trunk-r-treating. B was a little rusty but did great after we reminded her.
E didn't need any help. She was so fast she made the rounds twice and as you can see Bernice enjoyed it too.


SeaLife Aquarium 




Halloween




 Captain Huggie Face


 Word Girl



A huge thank you to Erin B for helping me with the costumes. I think they turned out great.

E's Kindergarten picture 

B wanting in on the fun - sister love



No comments: