Friday, June 22, 2012

Honesty is the best policy....?

In our house we try to have the kids try new foods regularly as well as reintroduce old ones that have fallen out of favor. I tend to believe the kids need to know what they are eating so that they can make their own choices about what they like and how to make good food choices.


 
This is one of my shakes. E thinks I'm A-Mazing when I make these. She knows that I put in spinach and chia seed and that only on rare occasions do I add honey to sweeten it and both girls still love them.

BUT....there comes a time in a mama's life when she's realized that at least one of her children is missing an entire food group and being the stubborn woman that I am I have resorted to
SnEakInEsS

At least for tonight I have joined ranks with those moms who hide nutritious food inside their kids' food.


We had hamburgers on the grill for dinner. What the kids don't know is that I roasted some green and red peppers and zucchini, cut them super fine, mashed them into almost a paste and then mixed them INTO the meat mixture. They both ate it without a single whine. 
And MOM WINS this round! J and I actually high-5ed and snickered as the last bite was swallowed by Miss B.

Mwah HA HA HA!!

I still believe in the kids choosing to eat all food groups but it's nice to know I can pull out my sneaky card when desperation sets in. I may even get brave enough to try the spinach brownies I heard about but then again chocolate is sacred around here so that may be going even too far for me.


No comments: