Tuesday, June 05, 2012

A dream is a wish your heart makes

As I'm typing this, dinner is made, Hubs isn't home yet, the girls are watching a show and the dog is napping so I have 5 minutes to myself to think and I was thinking about wishes. To kids they are magical, they are made on birthday candles, chicken bones, crossed fingers and dandelions.

For adults they are usually more practical. It starts out as a hope of something then it turns into a goal, then a plan, then a process and then either success or failures (with hopefully more attempts).

My top 5 wishes:

1. I wish I could sew cute things like Halloween costumes for my kids....and yet I just haven't taken lessons to learn
2. I wish I could travel the world...time and money are the currents hindrances but I will not give up
3. I wish I was a size or 2 smaller, but I'm also a foodie so this one is a never ending cycle for me
4. I wish my kids were a little calmer but they are not and so I have learned to love them crazy, hyper, silly and all. They are who they are and if I changed that they might lose some of their charm
5. I wish I wasn't so tired all the time (see #4). I have always needed more sleep than the average person but I would need to go to bed at 9pm in order to get it and who does that? Plus I like snuggling with my husband after the kids are in bed and then there is prime-time. I'm doomed daily. I take extra vitamin D but some days I'm just draggin'.

E wishes for "more toys"
B wishes to "play in the pool"
J wishes for "dinner" - He just came in and the girls came downstairs beggin for food too so I guess I'm off.

From a recent photo shoot, Enjoy!

No comments: