Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Patrick's Day

I didn't have much as far as decorations go for St. Patrick's Day and I hadn't crafted in a while so....I made a few things....

1. I made the accordion flower banner using scrapbook paper and curling ribbon.
2.This is a fabric tie banner I made using extra scraps of fabric (thanks to those who gave me their extras so I could finish it).
3. I wanted a touch of green on the piano so I grabbed all the leftover green Xmas bows I could find and dumped them into a vase.
4. Using cardboard, felt, fabric circles and tons of hot glue (minus my finger tips) I made this hangable clover.
5. For the kitchen table since I already had a shamrock tablecloth I wanted to add rainbow colors. After many ideas, I went with simple plastic leis stuffed into another vase. I love the pop of color.

I couldn't remember the history behind the holiday so I did some quick research and learned that St. Patrick basically helped spread Christianity throughout Ireland using the Shamrock to teach about God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. In Ireland, the day is closer to Thanksgiving in that it is a feast day, lent being over, and is spent with family.
I printed off Shamrocks for the girls to color while I told them what I had learned.


1. For breakfast we had green wheat berry pancakes (shaped like gold deblumes, rainbows and clovers), green eggs, green milk and green grapes.

2. After our morning hike at Silly Mountain we had mint oreo cookies for a treat. E helped me make them and let me tell you, she is the best cookie masher I've ever seen. I get  bored long before the pieces are small and uniform, but she was a master.

Happy Saint Patty's Day! Hope you didn't get pinched.

No comments: