Tuesday, May 05, 2009

A promise, a job and a little fun

The Promise
Inspired by a friend, I promised myself last year that I would grow my hair out and donate it to Beautiful Lengths (click here for more info) and today I fulfilled that promise.
first act: long and luscious
intermission: short and choppy
the carnage/donation
2nd act: soft A-line bob
my stylist made me promise to show what it looks like flipped out (bottom right), now I just need to try it straight
P.S. this is the shortest my hair has ever been
I have to say I was a little nervous this morning but 1) it's for a good cause and 2) I've known this was going to happen for a year, so I think I fared very well today-no tears or regrets!

The Job
I have another friend who has been working with a personal trainer (with amazing results) and wanted a work out buddy. I had the brilliant idea to trade services: portraits for training sessions. I took portraits for a high school senior as well as family portraits. Here is just a taste. For more click on the link to the right that reads "photographybycmc.blogspot.com". They were a fun family and I enjoyed working with them and in return the mother now beats me up twice a week, but it's for my own good. Thanks for the suggestion B!

A Little Fun
splashing in the pool with cousins
finally! getting to push the shopping cart at the Family Fun Van on its last run for the season (she's wanted it since Oct but it's the most popular toy and therefore hard to steal away from the other kids)
another day at Jeepers (this time the toddler area was open)
having her own story time (it only lasted about 45 seconds)

* We are experiencing a file sharing issue currently so I will have to post about our trip to Utah a little later this month....wait with bated breath.

9 comments:

lrbodine said...

Your hair looks awesome! I'm glad you made it the year of growing out and donated it to Beautiful Lengths. :)

Brenda said...

Love the hair! It makes me want to cut mine...maybe.

Sarah W. said...

LOVE your hair! I wish I could pull that style off... my hair is to too dang curly! Looks great!

Great photos by the way! I'm excited thatyou are starting your own little business! Good luck to you! I will holler next time we need photos done!!s

Amanda and Michelle said...

ditto--the hair looks great!

Anonymous said...

CUTE HAIR!! Hahaha we are so going to be twinners again. Hahaha. :)

Hadley Family Clan! said...

I love your new hair style and what a great reason to cut your hair. If I ever cut my hair I have always said that I would donate it that way it has a great purpose:). I looked at your photo site and you have such great talent. When you get business cards let me know and I will give them out. E is so cute reading her story and it was fun seeing you at jeepers.

MommyMert said...

Beautiful! I love the hair style. Love your little one, she is a doll.

Matt said...

I want cake. (If you aren't the writer of this blog you won't get this, but that's OK. You are still a smart person)
PS This is Becky, not Matt.
PPS Love the hair. Looks even better in person.

The Tennessee Nobles said...

So Hellllloooo Ms. Sassy!! Love the hair. Miss you more. Love ya-