Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving Day E and I sat sidelined cheering J on as he played a little Turkey Day football. E wanted so badly to play with her daddy that I found myself sprinting onto the field, several times, to rescue her from being trampled as she ran towards her hero trying to be "one of the guys", I suppose.




Her other source of entertainment was the rain soaked and puddled track. Luckily, some other little girls showed her the correct way to splash through the puddles and how to throw sand and rocks into the water as well. I eventually gave up trying to keep her clean and settled for anything short of soaking wet.






During half time and after the game, E was finally able to throw the ball around with her dada. She actually caught a few without any assistance and, appropriately so, giggled with delight.






Did I mention, the beautiful backdrop to our morning? One of the perks of living so far east.







Thanksgiving dinner included traditional favorite dishes and people everywhere-just the way it is supposed to be. One thing did happen that I truly hope does not become an annual event. Surrounded by at least 4 adults and another 5 kids or so, our kid walked on that <----, which had just enough give in it to completely soak her. Just about had a heart attack at the words "E fell in the pool". She was cold and shivering, but other than that, perfectly fine. So I dried her off, threw her clothes in the dryer and she got to help us finish our meals in our laps in an over-sized shirt -no way was I going to let her wander around again. After her nap, the dry clothes went back on and it was as if it never happened.





I am proud to say that we did not over eat on Thanksgiving, however, I cannot say the same for the family Christmas party on Dec 1st. 1 out of 2 isn't so bad , right?

So here's the part where I list what I'm grateful for-otherwise I would be ungrateful....

I am grateful: for a house that feels like home
for a curious, brilliant, vibrant daughter that keeps me on my toes
for a husband who works so hard so that I can stay home with our daughter
for church callings that give me opportunities to learn, grow personally and give service to others
for family and in-laws that love and support us
for my 5 senses that make experiencing this world so wonderful

1 comment:

Hadley Family Clan! said...

I can't even imagine what you went through when E fell into the net. They say that even with people around anything can happen with a pool. If I had a pool their MUST be a gate, net and an alarm to get in...ok and that is why I wont have a pool in my backyard. It looks like your thanksgiving was great and how cute that E wanted to play football.