Monday, April 14, 2008

A time to vent and a time to celebrate

So I thought I had gotten out of any type of abusive relationship but who knew I would be subjected to it from my daughter. I know she has no idea that her actions can cause pain for someone else, but alas, I have a busted lower lip, a bruised upper lip and a sore nose bridge and back of my head; not to mention multiple pinches and slaps that did not feel like hugs and kisses. Where on earth did she learn to head-butt, anyway? I'm afraid I'm raising a bully-to-be. I've tried the firm "no" along with a hand squeeze and showing her what "soft" feels like and is like to do to someone, but obviously it hasn't sunk in. I've been told that maybe she needs me to do some of it back to her, but I just can't imagine slapping or head-butting my little girl's head. Am I alone here, is there any hope, any suggestions? She goes in to our church's nursery (like a daycare during church) in a few months and I would really prefer if she didn't terrorize the other kids.

On a happier note, I have 2 friends that will be getting stork deliveries soon and I am so excited for them. Their showers (this weekend) fall on the same day on different sides of Phoenix so the logistics should be fun, but I'm determined to help them celebrate their first children. I really do love to give gifts, mingle with good people and eat, so really wedding and baby showers are perfect. Whether receiving or attending I enjoy the atmosphere of showers, filled with hope, excitement, comradery and laughter. Here's to hoping J can take care of E all day, which will make the long day easier for her and me.

3 comments:

Larsen Family said...

Just keep reinforcing the positive things. I did finally bite Camden back. Never had a problem with biting again. Not for every child though.

Love ya!

MommyMert said...

Just keep trying. They all struggle with it. AJ is three is still has moments with it. They learn new ways to hit when they are in nursery :)I guess what I am saying, is you are not alone.

Marisa said...

I have heard about that hurting back idea, and I for one am like you. I cannot possibly imagine hurting Madisyn. That is until she punched me so hard I bruised. So I spanked her. (not too hard) But hard enough it was not comfy for her, and she stopped. It really does work. maybe just dont head butt :)