Monday, February 23, 2015

February - time to celebrate


Celebration #1:
E turned 8 and had a  My Little Pony party with some friends at a park.

 I have made a few cute cakes, but when E requested Princess Celestia I begged my artist friend for help and she came through in spades. The cake flavor: red velvet. I had no idea she had ever tried it let alone liked it.

 She was also so kind to draw a pin the tail on Luna poster as well. This party would have been a bust without her help. E ended up putting the poster up in her room after the party.

 A boy gave E a fancy necklace (a locket with birthstone "gems").


 The birthday bunch. It was a low key party, which I appreciated since I wasn't feeling well, but I think everyone had fun.

Celebration #2:
E was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints by her father. It was a very special day for all of us and I'm so thankful all of her grandparents could share the day with us. By the end of the night, E was able to video chat with each of J's siblings as well.



She was nervous about the water being cold, which it wasn't and about everyone staring at her but she did great and hopefully will remember all of the people who came to support and love her.



 At the Mesa Temple for pictures in her beautiful dress that Nana found for her.

Celebration #3:
Miss B turned 5 and since all the grandparents were already in town, we had her party right after the baptism. I can't believe my round-faced little girl has morphed into this big girl before my eyes. She starts kindergarten in the fall at her sister's school and she is so ready, ok Mama is too but I will miss our leisurely mornings together.



 
She requested a heart cake with a 5 and polka dots. This one I could handle, though I did borrow the left over fondant from E's cake. Normally I don't like the taste of fondant, but again, my amazing friend made it taste marvellous.

Other joyful randomness: 

 
 I'm sure O will miss his partner in crime when she goes to school full time in the fall but for now they are livin' it up.


 We took the kids to skateland for one of our Family Home Evenings
If we locked O's skates he could just walk around the carpeted area looking at all the games. Otherwise, when we activated the roller part, we pretty much had to drag him around but he still had a big smile on his face.

 E got the hang of it after awhile and even ventured out of the beginer's middle section.

 Daddy was helping B on the floor and apparently she landed pretty hard on her bum and this was the face I got.

 After blading on the softer carpet for a bit she was all smiles again. The girls found enough stray game tickets on the floor, abandoned by other kids, to each get a piece of candy so they felt like winners.

Our tradition for Valentine's Day is for J to made ribs and then we attend our church's dance. It's the only time we really get out and cut loose on the floor. This year it actually landed on Vday. We almost didn't get to go because babysitters were scarce but I'm so glad we finally made it. It was a lot of fun and we got to tell each other mushy things about loving each other.

No comments: