Somehow our Mister O has managed to turn 1 on us despite my pleading that he stay a baby for a little bit longer. He was having none of that. He likes to eat finger foods though he still only has 2 teeth, he took his first steps just over a week before his bday and is going longer distances daily. He still loves his paci and blanket for bedtime but is a good boy and spits the paci out when I tell him "all done" when he gets up in the morning. He has the ability to play in one area for a short stretch of time but has no problem getting into grown-up things and making a colossal mess. He has the brightest smile I've ever seen and is stingy with his laughs but has a big one when you can get it out of him.
Planning his birthday party was fun since it was my first boy party but also bitter sweet thinking it will be the last first birthday I plan. I very openly think I am done having children. My dear J doesn't agree with me and I'll leave it at that.
I made a football cake that was camouflage on the inside and a large cupcake just for O to enjoy all for himself.
Before the party even began he had a blast chasing after and hitting the balloons.
Gma T came up to help celebrate and we used Google Talk to include family that were too far away to make it.
Before the cake.
During.....can you see the camo?
And after...one happy baby covered in chocolate. He did not need any help figuring what to do with his cake.
His presents included a play guitar, big boy sippees, an outfit and his very own swing.
Thanks to everyone who helped make it a special day!
No comments:
Post a Comment