Monday, May 13, 2013

Blame the baby

Apparently I've been slacking on the blog, so I'm blaming the baby. When I'm pregnant I get tired, very tired and if you didn't know I have a very, very active kid on my hands so much has gone by the way side. I'm going to
attempt a quick catch up....

Easter

We went to our community egg hunt which was divided up by age groups. We were a smidge late getting there and missed B's group but no one said anything when we put her on the field with E's group. There were so many kids the hunt latest about 30 seconds and as you can see they weren't very hard to find, but the girls still had fun. E even found a golden coin in one of her eggs that she could trade in for a toy. There was a bounce house and a small petting zoo with a Godzilla-sized bunny that the girls enjoyed as well. I was dealing with a sprained toe so we let them play at the park for an hour while I sat with J and rested.












 
Dying eggs with Daddy










This was the first year we let the girls hunt outside. They did pretty good on their own though I may have pointed out a few.

A Wicked Date

In April my mom invited me and J to go see Wicked with her.  I had heard it was fabulous so we happily agreed. I had heard a couple of the songs before but I had no idea how much of a comedy it was. We lucked out in that the actress playing Elphaba is the girl who has played her the most out of all the productions and she was amazing. I was also excited to see Madame Morrible played by Kim Zimmer, who I watched for several years on a soap opera when I was a pre-teen (don't judge me).



Miss B goes to the Fair

J had to work one Friday so I spontaneously decided to hop in the car and drive 2 hours to meet my mom at the fair. Mom had extra tickets and I was bored so it worked out perfectly. I was worried E would be jealous when she got home from school but she took the news well. Plus Daddy took her out for McDonald's AND an ice cream treat from the Home Depot vending machine, where he had to pick up a few things. I am glad she was so easily appeased. Also, I promised to take her next year.

 They had a great Kiddie Kingdom area with a maze...

 dress up stuff
 a pirate ship
 stocks for when B was naughty
 slaying a dragon
 This was a complete Farm experience where B got to pick fake vegetables and build with these blocks. Notice her beautiful shiner from a run in with the couch during dance time earlier in the week.

She got to be a train conductor.
 The mini bumper cars were by far her favorite. I think she went at least 3 times.
Super big slide with Gma

 She loved the entire kiddie ride area and ran from one ride to another. I was impressed that the coasters were still fun though designed for tots. The only ride she was too short for (by an inch) was the ferris wheel. Next year, babe. There was also an amazing petting zoo complete with a llama and a wallaby.

 Of course we ate tons of fair food. Between all of us we had a corn dog, fish taco, polish sausage, funnel cake, this enormous curly fry loaf pictured and of course...
cotton candy. We found chocolate and bacon flavors. I can not recommend the later.

I have to mention that Miss B was behaviorally stellar. She held our hands through the crowds when she didn't want to ride in the stroller. She stopped when I said stop and came when I said come. Maybe the sounds, colors and constant motion confused her enough to behave. Whatever it was, it was a lovely day.

No comments: