Even birthdays for E mean a friend party. This year was Tinkerbell themed. I planned things pretty simple this year which ended up being really smart because I wasn't feeling stellar and J ended up quarantined in our room with a stomach virus. Thankfully my MIL came to my rescue to help herd the kids for the first half of the party. The second half I brilliantly planned for everyone to watch a movie until pick up time so I could rest. It lasted for 4 minutes until kids started trickling downstairs looking for something to play with. Most everyone ended up playing outside, which is fine. Maybe I should have known better than to plan a quiet activity. Oh well, it was simple but I think everyone had a good time and that's all that matters.
The only game: Pin Tink on the Bell (get it?) E was the only one who got the picture of Tinkerbell dead center on the clapper.
Fairy Wing cake: I had fun using my new cake decorating tips I got for Xmas. Even though Tinkerbell was the theme, the cake was blue for Periwinkle, Tink's sister.
I love E's reaction in this pic
This is E squealing over getting a Pillow Pet Dream Light Unicorn. Thanks Gma T. The deal was if she got one she would start sleeping with her door closed, which we've been trying to convince her of for 2 years. It's not every night but we are getting there.
This Barbie can change into 3 different skirts by turning her hips and the clothes never come off. Genius, I tell you, since my kids are great at losing accessories. Even the boys liked turning her and watching the clothes change.
Thanks Gma K and Gpa D.
Color Wonder paper and markers are truly magical at our house because it's THE only kind I allow (you've met my kids, right?) Nana hooked E up with an entire kit of the stuff and she's played with it for hours!!
Happy Birthday Big Girl! We love you and are SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
Valentine's Day
Simple seems to be ruling our house these days so we had a low key "love" day.
Daddy came home with Thai food (my hero- I didn't have to cook) and 1 rose for each of his girls. B was so excited and just wanted to hold her very own rose.
Curry chicken and Rama beef for the adults and Sate chicken for the kids.
My contribution was a tasting of bakery cupcakes (thank you Groupon for the deal). From "Mind Over Batter Bakery" we tried salted caramel, strawberry, hot fudge sundae, chocolate cream cheese and cookies and creme. I plead the 5th on what happened to the triple dark chocolate. Maybe it fell out of the box on the way home.
I got the girls some little Vday goodies that they loved: bubbles, stamps, pencils and race cars because we didn't own any (what the heck, just because they are girls....). They love racing the cars and watching them crash into the deep freezer.
LOVE MY FAMILY
1 comment:
So much love! E looks very happy.
Post a Comment