I come from all long line of non-athletes so running a 5K was something I never even considered until recently due to a slurry of friends and family members who have all run marathons. I was embarrassed for them that they knew someone so completely unable to run i.e. me. So I decided to challenge myself, signed up for the Shun the Sun 5K and started training for 8 weeks, really 7 because this last week I have a had a horrible cough and only ran once.
This is me about 15 minutes after I finished with a time of 36:42 (my goal had been 40 min so yeah me) I was 134th overall, 75th for females and 31st for my age group. I took this picture from the hood of my car since I convinced J to stay home with the girls because the race was so early in the morning.
A friend of mine signed up too though we didn't get to see each other before the race. I was so excited to see a friendly face on the trail. Can you see how red I am 15 min after the race? Again, this was difficult for me even though for some it would have been a warm up.
Glad it's over. Glad I did what I set out to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment