Friday, September 23, 2011

Losing teeth at age 4

 On Sept 14th E climbed out of the tub and I noticed a whole in her mouth. She had lost her 1st tooth. I couldn't believe it. Out of all the things she has done ahead of schedule this one surprised me most. Luckily I had checked with her dentist earlier in the week when it was wiggly and he said her adult teeth were below the surface and ready to see the light. She wasn't scared one bit and was super excited to leave it for the tooth fairy.

One week later she bit a piece of ice and her other bottom middle tooth came loose except for one pesky corner. I tried to wiggle it out to no avail so we waited for Daddy to come home and help. Here he was promising to not pull. He just wanted to tie a string on and "see something."
 When she was ready, Daddy pulled up quickly on the string. E cried for a minute but calmed down when I showed her the tooth.
She discovered the fun of having her tongue stick out through her teeth. This time she decided she didn't want the tooth fairy to take her tooth even if she didn't get a quarter but wanted to keep her tooth so she can "look at it when she's a little big". I told her I would keep it safe for her and that the tooth fairy wouldn't be mad.

No comments: