As a mother I would do anything to protect my child. I daily warn her to slow down, to watch where she is going and hold her hand to keep her safe. I kiss her owies and hold her tight to let her cry when she does get hurt. I pray for her safety and have nightmares about something, someone hurting her and then pray harder that she may be spared. I've only started my journey as a mother but I know that this will be a lifelong wish and effort to make sure she is happy and safe.
Now imagine that you are given a child to love, teach and protect but know that despite your best efforts and prayers He will suffer, be humiliated, be hated, be beaten, will be murdered all while you stand by and watch, helplessly. Imagine the love you would have to have, the trust that He would bear it all so that others would not have to suffer in vain.
Tonight I went to a program that focused on the thoughts of Mary, the mother of Jesus Christ. It was beautifully written and read. It was inspiring and gave me much to ponder.
To us He is a savior, a comforter and if we are lucky a friend, but to her He was her little boy, entrusted to her above all other woman to love and cherish.
Thank you Mary.
Here is an excerpt from "For I am Mary":
"For I am Mary -- chosen of God. My soul in agony with too great an honor. My heart torn with inadequacy. And from afar the voices of Angles ring out, and the voice of Heaven seems to say. " Adore Him, worship Him, attend Him well, for he is Mine."
"And in my heart already, I see Him, and in my mind's eye, I imagine this small wee mite, and so think I as thoughts press hard. Ah, if but to love -- What joy is mine. What grace that I might have Him, and teach the things I know from Thee -- that He is Thine."....
"Already the sorrow of eternal woman is mine. To bear, to care, to relinquish. Give me, Oh Lord that I might succor Him, May I bathe His baby bruises. May I ease His childish ills. May I give comfort and peace and offer a refuge of love for all His days. Oh Lord, let men remember this life He gives for them."
No comments:
Post a Comment