Wednesday, October 08, 2008

New discoveries and family

I went to the AJ Library grand opening and it is incredible. Besides books and movies it has a hands-on play area for little ones, a castle to explore, an outside and contained playground, a dragon's lair for reading and 2 movie viewing rooms for things like nature shows. I can't wait to get a better chance to explore it with E.
Bounce U--was amazing. I'm not sure if the parents or kids had more fun. It is definitely someplace I want to revisit and would recommend to others. P.S. Saturdays from 8-9:30 am are supposed to only cost $5 a kid.
I needed some photos printed 11x14 which most places like Walmart, Target and Walgreens aren't able to do-at all. I used to go to Tempe Camera Repair for large photos but they are too far now and their ftp site is a little more effort than I desired to put forth for 2 pictures. I found a new place, Moto Photo, on Baseline and Power that I was able to upload my pics online and pick them up the next day. It was so easy and the guy called me when my order was ready. I was very impressed with the entire process.
My Gpa came to town so we had the pleasure to spend a few days with him in Tucson. We also took a drive up to Canyon lake and I made him a seedless strawberry pie in honor of my Gma (if you want that story just ask). He stayed with my mom, who got a dog recently, so E was in heaven, surrounded by family and a new doggie to chase around.
I along with 2 adults and 4 kids went to the Phx Zoo, which in itself is not a new discovery, but the way E saw it was. The other times we've gone she people watched. This time she finally saw and looked for the animals. It was so cute to see her point at the animals once she spotted them. I think the highlight was the goat petting area. E brushed and said hi to just about every goat in the yard. It was too bad we didn't see a donkey, which we recently taught her how to imitate (e-awh). Watching her carefully form her mouth to make each syllable had us laughing for a good 10 minutes.
I have enjoyed adding decorative flourishes to our home. I recently finished a few projects that I just love passing by everyday. I don't want to over-decorate but I really enjoyed the process of the projects. I guess I'll have to start making things for other people.
If you want the chance to win a cool, trendy new purse try this website: www.HandbagPlanet.com

3 comments:

Terra said...

I am insanely jealous of your library. Ours is about the size of our apartment back in Mesa (okay, maybe a little bigger). By the way, congrats on buying a home!

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda and Michelle said...

The house is looking great! and by the way, I have those same sconces!