Monday, March 17, 2008

Music Musings

Has a voice or an instrument ever awakened something within you? Have you heard music in a breeze or even in silence? I recently saw August Rush and was reminded of how much music moves me. I may not be able to technically appreciate music, but I still love to get lost in music when it sweeps you away from reality and allows one to believe in something greater than ourselves, reminds us that someone greater created it all and left it to us to enjoy. Music, whether sweetly sung or coaxed from strings and wood, has the power to make me cry, to laugh, to believe in love and the pursuit of happiness, to remember others, to remind me that I matter and am yet only a very small part of something so large my mind can not contain its size with its magnitude and wonder. I have always wanted to sing a song or play one on a piano, violin, cello or guitar and evoke those feelings for someone else. I don't think I have ever achieved this and very well may never get the ability to do so, but I can surely appreciate those that can. There are so many songs that, with or without words, emote truth, beauty, peace and hope. I am grateful for such music and the inspiration that it comes from and creates.

No comments: